Junior Bible Quiz
JBQ is a great ministry that can take your children to a deeper level of knowing God's word!
Purpose: to give children a strong foundation in the Word of God.
That's the reason we do it, but it does have many other benefits!
1. learn Bible verses, facts and theology.
2. learn how to compete graciously and with integrity.
3. develop team skills, selflessness & good sportsmanship (in success & failure).
4. build a strong work ethic through discipline.
5. practice meeting responsibilities & expectations.
6. improve in public speaking & confidence.
7. improve their study skills & ability to retain information.
8. enjoy being a part of a team and, perhaps, traveling with them.
9. build new & lasting friendships with their teammates & competitors!
10. be transformed by God's Word as they ingest it. (It is alive & active. It does not return void!) In fact, 95% of quizzers who complete JBQ stay with the Lord through adulthood!
Why it works:
1. Competition, camaraderie and incentives (trophies, candy, trips, etc.) motivate quizzers to do the hard work of studying.
2. Material that is mastered sticks because of the spaced repetition & the youth of their minds.
3. Parental involvement demonstrates to quizzers that their parents value & prioritize the Bible.
4. Parents also find invaluable, teachable moments to inspire and disciple their children as they study together.
How it works:
1. Quizzers (K-6) study about 15 minutes a day, mastering 576 questions a few at a time.
2. They attend weekly practices to sharpen their skills on the quiz box & to build team dynamics.
3. They compete monthly (Oct-Apr) against local churches.
4. They may also travel with the team to tournaments: Invitationals, Regionals & Nationals.
5. There are 2-8 quizzers on a team, but only 4 teammates may be at the table at once.
6. Each match is 20 questions of varying difficulty & point value.
1. When? first Saturday of each month from about 9am-1pm
2. Where? Lexington First A/G at the corner of Pasadena & Clays Mill
3. Levels of competition: A-league (K-G6), B-league (K-G3), C-league (K-G1)
For more info, see: KYjbq.com
We look forward to working with your children!